What You Should Know About Veneers
Do you often avoid smiling because you are self-conscious about the condition of your teeth? If you want to have an unblemished smile that looks natural, dental veneers may be the right option for you. More and more people dealing with dental issues are choosing veneers as an effective and durable solution to enhance their smile and confidence.
Before determining if veneers are suitable for your specific tooth problem, read on to learn the pros and cons to ensure you are mentally and physically prepared to make this investment in your long term oral health.
Pros of Veneers
· Your smile will look absolutely beautiful. Veneers look like natural teeth and are resistant to stains, so you never have to worry about brown spots again.
· Their durable material provides longevity - they can last 10 to 20 years.
· You can dramatically improve your smile quickly – the procedure can be completed in two 1½ hour long sessions.
· They can improve your oral health and make your teeth stronger.
· They require little to no maintenance – just a follow up visit to ensure they stay in place.
· They require regular oral care maintenance, including daily brushing and flossing.
Cons of Veneers
· The procedure is irreversible.
· They can be more expensive compared to other options. Follow up with your insurance company to check whether or not they offer coverage for the procedure.
· Some enamel is removed before the veneers are fitted, which means you may experience some sensitivity to hot and cold.
· You may have to whiten your teeth before having the veneers placed, as the veneers may not match the colour of your natural teeth.
· If you grind your teeth, you may not be a good candidate for the procedure. Teeth grinding can put pressure on veneers and cause permanent damage. If they crack or chip, they cannot be repaired.
Family Dental Clinic in Richmond, BC Accepting New Patients
If you want to improve your smile and regain your confidence, the team at Blundell Dental can help make a big difference in the way you look and feel through subtle changes to your teeth. New techniques like bleaching, enamel shaping, veneers, and white fillings allow us to create a beautiful smile with minimal changes to existing teeth. Our focus is general family dentistry and we offer a variety of aesthetic and restorative dental services to improve your appearance, confidence, comfort and general health. For your convenience, our office is open Monday through Friday, and Saturdays. In addition, we offer direct billing to most dental insurance companies.
Contact Blundell Dental today at 604-271-8464 or complete our online form to book your consultation for cosmetic dental services in Richmond, BC. We are always accepting new patients!