Five Things You May Not Know About Invisalign
Did you know that you can get straighter teeth without wearing traditional metal braces for two or more years? Thanks to today’s innovative dental procedures and products, you can now enhance your smile with Invisalign® clear plastic aligners without anyone knowing you are wearing an orthodontic device. These invisible braces fit over your teeth to gradually improve your dental alignment. Every two weeks, you can wear a new aligner, which shifts your teeth into a straighter position.
Here are five Invisalign facts that you may be surprised to know:
1. You can still enjoy all of the foods you like to eat. Unlike braces, Invisalign aligners are removable, so you are not restricted to certain foods. You can eat corn, nuts, chips and raw carrots – favourite foods that should be avoided with traditional braces. Just be sure to put your aligner back on once you have finished eating.
2. You can get faster results. As long as you remember to switch your aligners every two weeks, you can get straighter teeth in less than half the time compared to regular braces. Invisalign adjustments are made twice a month whereas braces are typically tightened every six weeks.
3. Both teenagers and adults can benefit from Invisalign. Depending on the dental alignment concern, not everyone may be a candidate for Invisalign. However, the aligners can help straighten mild to moderate dental alignment issues for all ages.
4. Invisalign works even if you have worn braces in the past. Unfortunately, your teeth can shift over time even if you have worn braces previously. If you find that they have shifted too much, you can use Invisalign to help keep your teeth straight.
5. It’s affordable. Invisalign is comparable in cost to metal braces. You can speak with your Richmond, BC dentist to discuss a payment plan option that meets your needs and budget.
Invisalign® - A Comfortable Teeth Straightening System that Works
If you have crooked teeth or gaps that make you self-conscious about your smile, Invisalign could be an economical and comfortable way for you to get the smile you want. Maybe you have had orthodontic treatment in the past and are noticing a relapse. Maybe you want a straighter smile without having to worry about dietary restrictions. Whatever the case may be, Invisalign can help get your teeth back to their optimum position. Treatment procedures can range from just a few months for minor adjustments to more complex alignment issues that require a 12-month plan.
Following your initial consultation, the team at Blundell Dental will take Invisalign impressions, x-rays and photos of your teeth. We will then create a treatment plan tailored to your oral needs through our computerized system to show you exactly what you can expect when you wear the trays for the prescribed 20 hours per day.
Contact Blundell Dental today at 604-271-8464 or complete our online form to book a consultation for your Invisalign® braces in Richmond, BC.